Arsitek Asal Indonesia Masuk Koran Di Inggris


Honey I shrunk myself! Architect creates tiny clones for freaky photo montages

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER

No you're not seeing things.

Architect Ari Mahardika has created scaled-down identical versions of himself for a series of intriguing photo montages.

The 31-year-old uses a self-timer to snap himself in various poses against a white background before manipulating them into one image on his computer.

Tiny friends: Ari Mahardika appears to have cloned himself dozens of times over in this bizarre series of photo montages

Tiny friends: Ari Mahardika appears to have cloned himself dozens of times over in this bizarre series of photo montages

He shrinks many of the self-portraits into Mini-Me-like characters, then cleverly positions them to look like a real-life scene.

Some show Ari crawling over himself, dangling from a camera lens and gazing up at himself from the floor.

He is also pictured sitting at a desk in his house and walking down a busy city centre.

Ari, an architect and designer, spends up to a week thinking of each design, several hours taking the photos and a few days editing them.

Incredibly realistic: The 31-year-old used a self-timer to snap himself in various poses against a white background - before manipulating them into one image on his computer

Incredibly realistic: The 31-year-old used a self-timer to snap himself in various poses against a white background - before manipulating them into one image on his computer

He starts by deciding how the Mini-Mes will relate to each other and sketches them on a piece of paper, alongside notes on camera angles and lighting arrangements.

He then uses a self-timer, tripod and flash to photograph himself in the various poses against a white wall in his house.

Ari has also photographed his female friend Audy.

Ari shrank many of the self-portraits into mini-me-like characters, which have been cleverly positioned to look like a real-life scen

Scaling-down: Ari shrank many of the self-portraits into mini-me-like characters, which have been cleverly positioned to look like a real-life scene

He said: 'I want to tell a story and play with the sense of scale in my artwork.

'My montages are like a mixture of thoughts that I express in the form of fractions of me.

'In some of my photos you can see me having a discussion with my Mini-Mes. This shows how we sometimes have conversations with ourselves in our head.

Friendly fun: Ari, who has taught himself photography over the past ten years, has also created an image of his friend Audy

Friendly fun: Ari, who has taught himself photography over the past ten years, has also created an image of his friend Audy

'In others you can see me playing games and having fun with myself. This reflects the playful thoughts that I use to cheer myself up when I'm bored or tired.'

Ari, from Indonesia, has taught himself photography over the past ten years.

He said: 'After selecting the best pictures, I have to process each one, removing the background so that each can be put together.

'This is one of the fun parts of creating a photo montage because it feels like solving a puzzle. I get that satisfaction when everything works out great.

'The trick is how to make the photo look as believable and as real as possible.'

After putting all the images together, lights, shadows, and reflection are added to make the picture look as though it was taken in a single moment.

The number of photos he takes for each montage varies but he often takes extra shots in case he changes his design.

He said: 'I have to use my imagination as to how I would interact with the other me in the picture. I have a lot of fun doing it.'

Ari can be seen interacting with his mini-clones in many of the pictures to show how we sometimes have conversations with ourselves in our head

Imagination: Ari can be seen interacting with his mini-clones in many of the pictures to show how we sometimes have conversations with ourselves in our head



Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1303836/Architect-creates-tiny-clones-photo-montages.html#ixzz18vkrUMMm


0 Responses So Far:

Sob,boleh gak kalo gw minta komentar kalian?